Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Friends

Can't figure it out, I thought I could, but I can't anymore. Friendship doesn't feel like it used to feel, doesn't mean what it used to. Have I changed? There were people I thought I just couldn't do without; I have trouble remembering their last names now. I was never too good at remembering birthdays, but I always remembered silly things my friends loved. Not any more, not that I don't want to, but I just don't anymore. There have been too many disappointments.

I attended a college alumni meet last week. The detachment I felt was alarming. But I saw the same feeling in the others too. I went on a weekend trip to the beach with my friends. My detachment was only heightened. I've started getting irritated at things my friends do, these were the same things I thought were funny long ago. I realized I just couldn't connect anymore. I'm guessing this is part of growing up, growing older.

Whoever said people don't change?

0 comments: