Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Fruitful 'Holi'day

I usually dread this festival, I'm terrified some idiot will throw some random chemical composition at me, and I'll end up blind, or at least scarred for life. Luckily for me, Holi was quiet this year. I caught up with some much needed sleep. Watched a stupid horror movie - The Fog, for only 30 bucks, and, finished reading two books during the rest of the day!

I read Chetan Bhagat's Five Point Someone first - turned out to be quite decent. It would appeal to most engineers, not just IITians, for most engineering college lifestyles are quite similar. Second book I read was Erma Bombeck's Aunt Erma's Cope Book, and I read it in spite of warnings that it was 'home maker' kind of humor. i found it immensely entertaining, and realized it made a strong point against most people's dependency on "self-help" books to learn how to live their lives.

I'm tempted to pick up another book I've seen - on the life of a MBA student. More nostalgia.

0 comments: