Thursday, June 15, 2006

Some Mornings

Some mornings are like that; you wake up in a different time, in a different place. For some reason today, I woke up 10 years younger, in a different city I had spent a short while in. I switched on the TV, and I the news and the games reminded me of things I'd seen and done then. My regular walk to the bus stop was reminiscent of the long, meandering walks I had in the late afternoons, over the bridge, through the crowded Hong Kong lane, and across the college gates. My disc player started with Iron Maiden doing 'Somewhere in Time' - more nostalgia; for it was there that I first listened to and started loving this band. The bus ride was slow, and the weather cloudy, and I became mellower.

My office, my mailbox, the first couple of phone calls - time traveling to the present is not pleasant at all....

0 comments: