Thursday, August 16, 2007

Independence Day Holiday

A holiday in the middle of the week allowed me a great opportunity to get some sun and wander around town. I spent a lazy afternoon walking around Lamington Road, Charni Road, Flora Fountain, and Victoria Terminus (note my references to the old names for these places). I also happened to be at the right place at the right time to catch a rock show at Musician's Mall at Charni Road. I heard some energetic bands play - Black, Cirkles, and Zygnima.

Joy! There are footpath booksellers again at Flora Fountain! I spent a significant amount of money buying books. Here's a list -

W. Somerset Maughm

  • The Magician
  • Mrs. Craddock
  • The Razor's Edge
  • The Narrow Corner

Graham Greene
  • May We Borrow Your Husband?
  • Ways of Escape
  • The End of The Affair
  • The Quiet American
  • Orient Express
  • Doctor Fischer of Geneva
  • The Ministry of Fear
  • The Power and The Glory

I also accidentally bought a second copy of Greene's May We Borrow Your Husband, so if anyone wants to swap, let me know.

0 comments: